PokornyPundit

Your source for opinion on news, politics, science, religion, media, and culture

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Too little too late

Robertson is trying to save his skin, but we all know what he meant. I think there's no question that in the English language, assassination means "kill." (Yes, I have provided a dictionary definition for your convenience, so that no one will be confused.)

"I didn't say 'assassination.' I said our special forces should 'take him out.' And 'take him out' can be a number of things, including kidnapping; there are a number of ways to take out a dictator from power besides killing him. I was misinterpreted by the AP [Associated Press], but that happens all the time," Robertson said on "The 700 Club" program. (Watch video)

Let's watch the tape again, shall we?

"If he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think we really ought to go ahead and do it," said Robertson on Monday's program. "It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war." (Watch Robertson's comments)

You didn't say assassination, huh? You sure about that, Pat?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home