PokornyPundit

Your source for opinion on news, politics, science, religion, media, and culture

Sunday, August 14, 2005

The Moderate Voice

Joe Gandelman has a very good recent post that addresses the political impact of the unfolding anti-war movement in Crawford. What I found most useful about it is the abundance of quality links he has placed, namely this one. Sheehan's own words (or should I say, ignorance) speak for themselves:

I want to let him know that millions of Americans believe that the best thing we can do - for our own security, for our soldiers and for the Iraqi people - is to bring the U.S. troops home from Iraq now.


And in which foreign policy journal did you read that one, may I ask?


Anyway, I don't want the president to use Casey's memory to justify continuing this war, which will end up only needlessly killing more wonderful young men like him.

No one else, not one more mom, should have to lose her son in Iraq.


Let me reiterate this one more time: I do feel for her loss. However, I do think that she is acting somewhat selfish here. What gives American mothers the more right to keep their sons while others die half a world away? What about all the Iraqi mothers that lost their sons, brothers, husbands, fathers, and uncles to Saddam all those years? How do you measure one life against another? What would she say to that, I wonder. As a matter of fact, I don't care what she would say because, judging from her editorial alone, I know that it would be irrational before it even came out of her mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home